In less than 48 hours, the biggest Technical event is going to start in Bangalore, the IT-Hub of India. Yes, I am talking about Microsoft’s TechED 2012. The event will be happening in Hotel Lalit Ashok, Bangalore from 21st – 23rd March, 2012. Last year, I had attended TechED for the first time and am fortunate enough to attend it again. With the event is going live in less than 48 hours, I thought of putting a few points which might be helpful for the people attending TechED for the first time.
- Check out for the official twitter hash tag (e.g. #techedin) for this event, in case you are in trouble, you can ask for HELP. It’s the fastest way of getting help, trust me
- Check the Agenda prior coming to the event. Make a list of the sessions you want to attend. I know, this will be a difficult task, you may want to attend all (like me ); but still keep a list handy
- Make sure, you attend the Demo Extravaganza every day, I bet you gonna like every bit of it.
- If you already had a look on this year’s agenda, you might have noticed that there are two tracks, Windows 8 & Windows Server 8 in Day 1 and a Windows 8 track on Day 2, where the session details are not disclosed online. Once you reached the venue, make sure, you have a look into these tracks for the detailed sessions.
- Do spend sometimes in the exhibition booths, where you can meet the members from Product Teams.
- Meet the community Experts. You may know them from their blogs, forum activities, webcasts, etc.; however its an opportunity to meet them in person. You may find some of them during this event Lucky!!!
- How about attending a Microsoft’s certification exam? Not a problem, you can take any Microsoft certification exam at a discount rate during these three days. For more information, visit the Learning & Certification booth.
These are some of the points, which I thought might be helpful. Anyway, I will be attending the SQL Server tracks. In case you want to meet, I am a tweet away (@skganguly).
TechED 2012.. will join you soon…